The following changes need to be made to improve invoice editing:
These would set the invoice status to COMPLETED and IN_PROGRESS respectively, and close the dialog
The focus should move to the new invoice item, rather than focus in Notes
If an added item is unpopulated (i.e all fields are at their default values), then these are
- ignored for the purposes of validation
- automatically removed from if any of the buttons exiting the editor are pressed
Currently, to switch between invoice items requires either:
- selecting them with the mouse in the table
- navigating to the table with tab/shift-tab and selecting the item with the arrow keys
Adding keyboard shortcuts to select them would simplify this.
The shortcuts could be attached to buttons Next and Previous, displayed alongside Add and Delete.
Alternatively, they could just be attached to the form, and be documented.
Suggestions for possible shortcuts:
- Alt-X (next), Alt-R (previous) - these are used by the existing Next and Previous buttons, so are consistent
- Alt-N, Alt-P (problem with edit dialogs that have Print button)
- Alt - < (previous), Alt - > (next)
If an item is incomplete, pressing Add does not add a new item - the click is ignored.
The Add button should be disabled to indicate that addition is not available.