Clinician fields currently:
- default to the context clinician, if any. This clinician could be inactive
- prevent entry of inactive clinicians
The first point causes problems as inactive clinician should be explicitly be selected. A clinician field should never default to one.
The second point causes problems when a clinician has been deactivated, but a record that uses it needs to be updated, whilst retaining the clinician. E.g. this could be a patient reminder.
Change the behaviour so:
- the clinician never defaults to an inactive clinician
- if an inactive clinician is selected in a participation editor, it doesn't update the context
- clinician fields can have a deactivated clinician, but they must be explicitly selected through the clinician browser