In order to prevent auto-lock, users need to periodically do something that triggers synchronisation with the server. This resets the auto-lock timer. Things that trigger synchronisation include:
- pressing Enter in a field
- clicking a button (e.g. Apply)
The following will not trigger synchronisation:
- inputting text without pressing enter
- pasting text
- moving the mouse
- pressing tab
To reduce the chance of the session locking while users are entering text, key presses should be hooked into the EchoAsyncMonitor so that the server is notified of user activity when the EchoAsyncMonitor contacts the server.
1. when a key is pressed, an active flag will be set true
2. the EchoAsyncMonitor will pass the current value of the active flag to the server, and set it to false
3. the server will check the active flag for EchoAsyncMonitor service calls, and if true, flag the session active, otherwise flag it as inactive.